If you’re looking for a progressive leader in heavy engineering and fabrication and you enjoy working with practical people who put safety first, then Klondu sounds like the place for you.
See below for our current career opportunities that you might be interested in.
Boilermaker & WeldersApply Now
- Must be Trade qualified with a minimum of 5 years’ Workshop based experience (for shop specific positions) in medium to heavy manufacturing.
- Be able to work from Drawings and work in a team environment with and without supervision.
- Welders with flux core welding experience essential.
- Able to work rotating rosters when required.
- Dogging HRW license is preferred
- Forklift HRW license will be mandatory
- For site specific positions have BSL Passport and inductions
- Must be Trade qualified with CNC and manual Machine experience.
- Be able to work in a team environment with and without supervision.
- Have experience in medium to heavy Machining working from Technical Drawings.
- Experience in Fanuc, Heidenhain and Fagor CNC lathe and Milling controls will be looked upon favourably.
- Applicants with the ability to operate Floor Borers will be also looked upon favourably.
- Expected shift patterns -Day/Afternoon, some weekends and overtime as required.
- Dogging HRW license is mandatory
- Forklift HRW license will be preferred
Electrical Service TechnicianApply Now
We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Service Technician to support 3 workshops at Klondu PTY LTD. Located at SteelHaven BlueScope Steel NSW Australia You will provide electrical support and troubleshooting capability to three workshops that contain an assortment or fabrication, machining and heat treatment equipment. As the Electrical Service Technician you will be expected to work autonomously and in teams as required by the maintenance manager.
- Electrical maintenance and support of three workshops with an assortment of machines and electrical equipment
(CNC, Lathes, Borers, millers, PLC’s, Power Distribution HV and LV)
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues onsite.(Electrical and PLC)
- Adhere to Australian Standards AS/NZS 3000 wiring rules and regulations
- Designing new and modifying existing electrical schematics
- New electrical installation upgrades
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers in relation to project specifications, technical queries and requests for information
- Maintain the drive for continuous improvement through reviewing and updating processes
- Troubleshooting all electrical issues including PLC, CNC machines
- Producing and modifying single line diagrams
- Follow Klondu HSEQ systems
- Supervise any subcontractor electrical work.
Required Qualifications and abilities:
- Construction card (CPCCOHS1001A) Card
- Electrical or contractor licence (Diploma in Engineering desired)
- 10 years’ experience in industrial environment
- Automation troubleshooting experience (PLC)
- Competent with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and PLC code.
- Ability to work autonomously and with teams when required.
- Mechatronics background
- 5 years PLC troubleshooting experience
- Previous CNC troubleshooting experience.